Top 5 Tips: Planning Your Christmas Party
Christmas-time is already busy enough so there is no need to add extra pressure when organising your Christmas party. Keep reading for our top 5 tips on how to keep your planning stress-free.
1. Get the basics right – understanding the who, what, where, why as well as “how many” is always a great start, especially when you need to make sure the event comes in on budget.
2. Understand the brief – what style of Christmas party is your boss or team expecting? A simple lunchtime BBQ, a swanky cocktail party or a table at shared event? By having this clear up front, you’ll avoid wasting time exploring options that won’t get the tick.
3. Location, location, location – while the latest inner city hot spot may be on trend, really think about who will be attending the event and choose a venue they are going to feel comfortable in. Easy access from motorways is always a positive, as is complimentary on-site parking if you are expecting guests will drive.
4. Tailor the experience – consider choosing a theme that you can bring through in the event décor, music, food and beverage. A “Kiwi Xmas” theme could feature pohutukawa centrepieces, a kiwifruit punch and fresh New Zealand seafood on the BBQ…
5. Enjoy – make sure you choose a team of suppliers – venue, catering, AV, theming – who you know will be all over the details so on the day you can sit back, relax and enjoy a well deserved beverage to toast the success of your Christmas event!
Ellerslie Event Centre offers a selection of specially-designed Christmas party packages starting from just $65+ gst per person. Get in touch with our Account Managers to discuss how we can help with planning your festive celebration.